Re: images in Docbook with Red Hat 6.2

pdfjadetex need pdf, png, or perhaps jpeg formatted images, it
doesn't grok .eps.

The easy way to fix this is to make the stylesheets not generate
an extension in the tex files (right now there's an option
where you specify the default extension for print, html, rtf, etc.
-- except that the print/tex is going to become two formats,
pdf and ps, so this doesn't work). The code below does this.
[pdf]jadetex then figures out for itself what it's preferred
image format is and finds it (assumming it exists...).

By the way, this list is dead. You should subscribe to the
docbook-apps mailing list, it's very active and helpful. There
should be info on Normans site at www.nwalsh.com. Mail me
if you can't find it.

Sam

;;
;; Snarfed from Angus Lees, gus at getsystems.com,
;; message id <20000302155142.D9761@getsystems.com> in the docbook list.
;;

(define (graphic-file filename)
    (let ((ext (file-extension filename)))
        (if (or tex-backend   ;; TeX can work this out itself
            (not filename)
            (not %graphic-default-extension%)
            (member ext %graphic-extensions%))
        filename
        (string-append filename "." %graphic-default-extension%))))

Previously, you (Peter Toft) wrote:
> Using Docbook with Red Hat 6.2 I have a hard time
> generating the PDF file with images (HTML is working
> fine). I have xterm.gif and xterm.eps available and my
> simplified source is shown below (The real source gives
> 350 pages of text)
>
> db2pdf complains
>
> -------->
> ! LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .eps.
>
> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for
> explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.753 {0}}
>
> \endNode{}\endNode{}\endSeq{}\endPar{}\endNode{}\endSeq{}\endDispl...
> <--------
>
> Any clues - I am very stuck here....
> I am using
> tetex-1.0.6-11
> jade-1.2.1-9
> jadetex-2.7-2
>
> -----------------
> My sgml-source:
>
> <!doctype book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN" [
> ]>
>
> <book id="index" lang="da">
>   <bookinfo>
>     <date>9. april 2000</date>
>     <title>aargh</title>
>     <AUTHORGROUP>
>
>     <AUTHOR>
>       <FIRSTNAME>Peter</FIRSTNAME>
>       <SURNAME>Toft</SURNAME>
>     </AUTHOR>
>
>     </AUTHORGROUP>
>     <COPYRIGHT>
>       <YEAR>1998</YEAR>
>       <HOLDER>Toft/HOLDER>
>     </COPYRIGHT>
>   </bookinfo>
>

> <chapter id="intro">
> <title>Linux?</title>
>
> <sect1 id="OpenSource">
> <title>Åben kildetekst - Open Source</title>
>
> <FIGURE ID="xterm" FLOAT="1">
> <TITLE>xterm
> </TITLE>
> <GRAPHIC
> FILEREF="xterm"  SCALE="60"></GRAPHIC>
> </FIGURE>
> </sect1>
> </chapter>
> </book>
>

> Peter Toft, Ph.D. [pto@sslug.dk] http://www.sslug.dk/~pto
>
> ... when men were men and wrote their own device driver ...
>                     --- Linus Benedict Torvalds

Sam Roberts (sam@cogent.ca), Cogent Real-Time Systems (www.cogent.ca)
"News is very popular among its readers." - RFC 977 (NNTP)