Re: I can't get db2pdf to work

I had a bit of trouble getting this to work as well. I finally found a combination of rpms that worked under Redhat 6.0 and it has survived my upgrade to 6.1. Here are the rpm's I am using.

tetex-fonts-1.0.6-7
tetex-dvilj-1.0.6-7
tetex-xdvi-1.0.6-7
tetex-doc-1.0.6-7
tetex-afm-1.0.6-7
jadetex-2.7-2
tetex-1.0.6-7
tetex-dvips-1.0.6-7
tetex-latex-1.0.6-7
docbook-3.1-3
stylesheets-0.13rh-4
sgml-tools-1.0.9-5
psgml-1.0.3-6
sgml-common-0.1-7
jade-1.2.1-8

One BIG problem I had was that tetex was not installed correctly by rpm-3.0-6. I had to load rpm-3.0.2-6 and then reload the tetex packages. It may be that your tetex is still messed up if you loaded it originally under 6.0. db2pdf is definitely preferable to db2ps followed by ps2pdf. db2pdf builds hypertext into the pdf and it can use jpg's and png's, unlike db2ps.

--
Kevin M. Dunn
kevinmd@hsc.edu