Re: Re : db2??????? vs. SGMLTools2 vs. what else?

<200002231510.KAA30278@devserv.devel.redhat.com>
<38B3FF81.40E6F034@cybercable.tm.fr>
From: "David C. Mason" <dcm@redhat.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2000 10:52:21 -0500

Eric Bischoff <ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr> writes:

> Stop, stop, stop, I don't want to start no flame war.

Not my intention - why does everyone think I am angry at them this
week? Jeez.

When you say the scripts are unmaintained I think you are wrong. Mark
is the maintainer of DocBook Tools - DocBook Tools include those
scripts. Instead of announcing you are going to maintain those
scripts, why not ask Marks if you can send some patches to him or get
cvs access to make some changes. You can see by the number of people
already asking you for tarballs that this can cause a split in the
project. I'd like to see more concentration on this project AND some
new projects that do things differently. I would not like to see a
project splinter and confuse. That is just my opinion.

Again, I am not flaming you, I am not upset at you, in fact,
throughout our conversations over the year - I like you.. I too want
to see changes made to the scripts - hell I hack them up on my own
machine and ignore the ones that ship anyway.

Dave