Re : db2??????? vs. SGMLTools2 vs. what else?

Announcement :

I have been repackaging completly the DocBook tools and
rewritten all db* utilities.

What I have been seeking is :
- to have the db2* scripts change their status from "unmaintained"
  to "maintained"
- to have better directory organization in /usr/lib/sgml
- to have things work better with alternate stylesheets
- to make as little assumptions as possible : no
  "common" stylesheet for html and printout if not wished,
  no need of merging the individual catalogs in a single CATALOG
  if not wished, etc
- gnuish syntax
- compatibility (if no alternate stylesheets used) with
  former docbook-tools

My distribution will be used by Caldera OpenLinux and KDE project. I'm
proposing to
make it the standard docbook-tools as well, if you agree. Just let me
know.

--
Eric Bischoff  -  Documentation and Localization
Caldera (Deutschland) GmbH - Linux for Business!