Re: jade vs db2html

hi
thank you for the quick response.
On Fri, 04 Feb 2000Mark Gallasi wrote:
> Dear Maddy,
>
> I don't quite understand what you mean about using "jade instead of
> db2html".  db2html just invokes jade.
does it? in a way yes and no .i guess the problem lies with the word "just"
;-).the outputs from both  are not same .
> It looks like you upgraded the stylesheets
whew! , yes and i also tried doing this .i changed the path in cygnus-both
dsl.and made it point to the new db152 html/print in james clark's part.but
still the outputs are different.i have a feeling that your part of cygnus-both
dsl is tuned to make the ouput look linuxdocish probably to maintain some
uniformity and continuity  i guess.
 >.  Do you suggest that we update the RPMs to use the new ones?  Is
>there enough new stuff?
i am not sure that alone will help but a small tutorial on what db2html and
other scripts are doing will help the unitiated like me for example =) .there
are a lot people who use db2html but end up asking jade questions.
frankly a rewrite of db2html or howto on rewrite might be of more help
,catching up with norman everytime might be a tough act and maybe unneccessary
all the time .it will surely help unhackers like me =).
 >if norm answers you on the use of — before I dig into
  > it: he might know off the bat what the current stylesheets do. --
 i have solved that problem by doing this <!ENTITY mdash  "-"  > correct me on this if i am wrong
.but if i use db2html even after making it point to new style sheets it renders
 &mdash; as #8212  ;-without making the above correction ;-) aah!  i am
stumped =(. but i am more happy with pure jade output so i want know is it okay
if use just this -(the minus sign) instead of typing &mdash .it will make my
job easier .incidentally docbook the definitive guide is clueless on this .

thank u in advance
regards

maddy
Any path is only a path,Does this path have a heart?If it does,The path is
good;if it doesn't it is of no use" 		Carlos Castaneda,The teachings
of Don Juan