Re: %page-number-restart%

    Jonathan> Hi all, (define %page-number-restart% #t) in the dsl
    Jonathan> does not really restart the page numbers--from one
    Jonathan> chapter to another I get, for eg.:

    Jonathan> 1-9 1-10 2-11 2-12

Hmm; looking at print/dbparam.dsl, I see:

(define %page-number-restart%
  ;; REFENTRY page-number-restart
  ;; PURP Restart page numbers in each component?
  ;; DESC
  ;; If true, page numbers are restarted at the beginning of each
  ;; component-level
  ;; element ('Chapter', 'Appendix',
  ;; 'Bibliography', etc.).
  ;; /DESC
  ;; AUTHOR N/A
  ;; /REFENTRY
  #t)

So your conclusion is correct: this variable should do what it says,
and it does not (I verified it).  It *does* change the page numbering
style to 1-9, 1-9 and so forth, instead of just 9, 10, ...

I looked at print/dbcompon.dsl, but did not conclude anything
brilliant from it.

I'll send it in to Norm Walsh as a bug report.

    Jonathan> I also changed this line in db2dvi to find my modified
    Jonathan> dsl:

    Jonathan> STYLESHEET=$PWD/bin/data/cygnus-both.dsl

By the way, with the new "-d" option to the db2* commands, this should
not be necessary anymore.  Let me know...