new user

Hello,

  I have just installed the lastest rpm from your ftp. I try to do this:

jade -d /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/dbtohtml.dsl -t sgml myfile.sgml >myfile.html 2>error

where myfile.sgml is given from your tutorial :-).

And I got plenty errors :-)):

jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/dbtohtml.dsl:2:0:E: document instance must start with document element
jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/dbtohtml.dsl:2:0:E: character data is not allowed here
jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/dbtohtml.dsl:2:0:E: meta-DTD does not allow data at this point
jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/dbtohtml.dsl:2:75:E: meta-DTD does not allow data at this point
jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/dbtohtml.dsl:3:0:E: meta-DTD does not allow data at this point

etc...

my_file.sgml is:

<!doctype book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">
 <book>
   <bookinfo>
     <date>1997-10-11</date>
     <title>My first booklet</title>
     <subtitle>it even has a subtitle</subtitle>
   </bookinfo>
   <toc></toc>
   <!-- We are done with the preliminaries, now we can start with
           the body of the document -->
   <chapter>
     <title>My first chapter</title>
     <para>Here's a paragraph of text because it is stylistically
       poor to start a section right after the chapter title.</para>
     <sect1>
       <title>A section in that first chapter</title>
       <para>All I need is a single paragraph of text to make the
         section valid.</para>
     </sect1>
   </chapter>
   <appendix>
     <title>Remaining details</title>
     <para>Although this booklet is quite complete, here I will
       mention some details I never got to.</para>
     <sect1>
       <title>Use of the word dude</title>
       <para>Here's an example of how to say
     </sect1>