Re: [docbook-apps] chunking html and skipping the bookinfo

You can control the elements and their order on a title page using the
titlepage spec file, from which you regenerate new title page templates.
See this reference for details:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLTitlePage.html

If you list 'mediaobject' in the spec file for the book recto titlepage, it
will use any mediaobject elements in bookinfo.

You can get the TOC out of the titlepage by setting the stylesheet parameter
chunk.tocs.and.lots="1".

Rearranging the order of things in chunking is a bit trickier.  What you
need to change is the TOC and the Next and Previous links on the various
pages.  The TOC for a book is generated using the template named
'division.toc' in html/autotoc.xsl.

To alter the Next and Previous entries, you could customize the
'process-chunk' template from html/chunk-code.xsl.  It received the stock
next and prev nodes as parameters, but you could select different nodes for
certain elements when you call the 'write.chunk' template which actually
generates the chunks.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting