Re: [docbook-apps] Abbreviation or aliases

Hi Dave,

I'm all for the 'lazy' method... ;>

I'll give it a go and see how this approach affects processing time.

Thanks again,

Chris

Chris Johnson

Web Developer
Capilano College
North Vancouver, Canada

604.986.1911 ext. 3455
cjohnson@capcollege.bc.ca

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 09:56 -0700, Chris Johnson wrote:
> Mike, Dave,
>
> This seems like a sensible way to go, but what if you have more than
> 200 or so entities? I'm working on a document that uses at least
this
> many, and they are re-generated from a database extract (along with
the
> entity driver files)... I have been happy with this approach to date
but
> now I'm working in a .NET environment, and I'll have to move from DTD
> schema and/or schema + internal DTD subset...
>
> Any other thoughts on this?

I manually generated the entity name and its text equivalent.

With 200, and being lazy, I would get the computer to help me
(I'm sure Michael would too!)

Use the same approach, just generate the entity definitions
or xslt processing for Michaels solution, by a program.

The idea is still good

HTH DaveP