From: "Rene Hache" <rene.hache@gmail.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:01 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Simpler XHTML output

To whom it may concern,

I was wondering if anyone has done extensive work to create a simpler
XHTML output from the XSL stylesheets?

It is with great hesitancy that I send this email, because I
understand the hard work that goes into these stylesheets -- so please
don't take this as critisism. But I do believe that the XHTML outputs
could be significantly simpler in terms of the code it outputs and
achieve the same functionality. In fact, simpler XHTML outputs would
make it significantly easier to manipulate the look via a css
stylesheet. There is also a lot of redundant code that could easily be
handled with a css stylesheet.

If no one has ever attempted this but is interested, I don't mind
assisting. I am by no means a XSL/XSLT programmer, but having a web
standards web designer involved in this process might be useful.

Thanks,
Rene