Re: [docbook-apps] excluding image format according to output

Dave Pawson wrote:
On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 10:43 +0930, Paul A. Hoadley wrote:

Hi Dave,

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 05:48:20PM +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:

(Are you from a publishing background by any chance?)

Not in any formal sense, no.

I didn't add that if clause Paul :-)

I'd never contemplated anything.pdf as a simple image.  Document
with embedded image perhaps...  Is this what people do?

I don't, but people do, yes. Obviously Camille does, or intends to, for example. :-)

Camille, is this  true?
  Generate a .pdf file, simply to add as an image for another file?
Why (if you don't mind me asking)

Yes. but first:
<disclaimer>I'm not an image formats guru by any mean, all I state is based on my limited experience producing documents.</disclaimer>

I don't embed PDF documents (various pages) in other PDF documents. I just use the "export" function of diagram editors (inkscape, xfig, etc.) to produce a "PDF", vector based version of the diagram.

While an EPS image will have a natural size specified by its bounding
box, remember that there's no quality lost in scaling.  So don't think
of generating an EPS image at a fixed pixel size.  It can be any size
you like.

Simple question, how does one generate an eps image please? Linux or win32

with most diagram editors; export to EPS formats same as PDF.

Camille.
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Camille B=C3=A9gnis
n;quoted-printable:B=C3=A9gnis;Camille
org:NeoDoc
adr:Domaine du petit Arbois BP 88;;CEEI;Aix en Povence Cedex 4;;13545;France
email;internet:camille@neodoc.biz
tel;work:+33.4.42.22.62.35
tel;cell:+33.6.33.15.10.23
x-mozilla-html:FALSE