Re: [docbook-apps] Html chunked and separate table of contents

Hi Michèle:
Your customization is nearly correct, but you should change these:

<xsl:import href="chunk-common-patched.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="titlepage-html.xsl"/>

to these:

<xsl:include href="chunk-common-patched.xsl"/>
<xsl:include href="titlepage-html.xsl"/>

What's the difference?  Import precedence.  When you import your
customizations to the same file in which you import the stock stylesheet,
then they have the same XSL import precedence.  You want your customizations
to have a higher import precedence than the stock stylesheets, because
import precedence is what provides the override mechanism.  If you use
xsl:include, then it is as if those customizations are in the db2html.xsl
file.  They become part of the importing stylesheet, and so have a higher
import precedence.

Your customizations may work as you have written it, but only because the
processor your are using is choosing the last one defined out of the set of
equivalent templates.  Not all processors may do that.

If you decide you need to also alter the chunking behavior, then you will
have to pay even more attention to import precedence.  See this reference
for an example of how you would customize chunking behavior:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ChunkingCustomization.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting