From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:24 PM
To: Webmaster; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] customization layer not working?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Webmaster" <Webmaster@comtrol.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:53 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] customization layer not working?

> Hello.
>
> I wrote a customeization layer my application, and rewrote the
>
> <xsl:template match="productname" mode="titlepage.mode">
>
> template in my customerization.xsl. However, it's not overriding the one
> found in html/titlepage.xsl.
>
> If I remove the one found in html/titlepage.xsl, mine works just fine.
I'd
> rather not change the original stylesheet files.
>
> Am I missing something?  I thought the "last" template found, wins?

Well, of course the rules for template selection are more complex than that.
Generally the template with the highest import precedence wins.

I put a short template like yours in a customization layer that imports
html/docbook.xsl. I also added productname to the titlepage spec file,
regenerated the titlepage templates module, and xsl:included it in the
customization layer.  My version worked.  So I guess it is something about
how you put your customization layer together.  Can you provide more
details?

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting