Re: [docbook-apps] Section vs Sect* - Which one to use?

Hi,

"B.S.Navin" <bsnavin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My docbook documents frequently require subsections. Which is the
> recommended set of tags to use in this case - nested "Section" tags or
> "Sect1/Sect2/..." tags?

It depends what you are doing with your documents. If you reuse a section
in another document, or you have section levels with more than five levels
a section element would be probably better. The level is not "hard coded"
into the name. And it is easier to move a "section" element than a sect*
element without renaming it.

On the other side, if your documents are up to five levels only and you don't
move them around then it's a matter of taste, I think. Some people prefer
the sect{1,2,3,4,5} elements, because it's easier to see in which level you
are.

HTH

Bye,
Tom