Re: [docbook-apps] Ignoring NonDocBook tags, take 2

You can use a two steps XSLT transformation.
First run your document through a copy stylesheet that filters out a and b elements and then, in the second step, apply the desired DocBook stylesheet.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">
<xsl:template match="node() | @*">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:apply-templates select="node() | @*"/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="a|b">
<xsl:apply-templates select="node()"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Bob Stayton wrote:
Well, you can use a template such as the following:

<xsl:template match="a | b">
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

This matches on either element <a> or element <b>, does nothing special for
them, and then applies templates to all of their children.

This will cover the situations where apply-templates is used on all
children. But as my other mail inlinemediaobject mentioned, some templates
don't use apply-templates on all children.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net