Re: [docbook-apps] CSS-positioned TOC [was: Frame based html [was: Preventing indenting of toc in frame doc.]]

Michael Smith wrote:

Take a look at the following simple example:

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/css-example/

excellent, I'v been waiting for this a long time !

[...]

As far as the current use of it with DocBook output: One
limitation is that the master TOC is available only on the
index/start page. Other chunks get either a blank left-hand pane
or get a TOC for just their sub-portion.

For the TOC to be rendered on each page, it would need to be part
of the HTML content of each generated page. I think it might be
possible to implement that as an option for a future DocBook XSL
stylesheets release.

that would be highly appreciated. Here is what I'm currently using:

http://synopsis.fresco.org

I'd love to be able to generate these pages from docbook and still
have all the power and flexibility to style. There are some tricky
corner cases such as the changelog page, which is actually an rss
(the xsl stylesheet is heavily based on Norm's own stylesheets),
or the viewcvs pseudo-html templates.
It would be nice if the website stylesheets would provide hooks for
users to generate their own non-standard (i.e. not-quite-html) output.

Regards,
		Stefan