Re: [docbook-apps] ?How to mark changebars, a couple of profiles, AND use profile-docbook?

The changebars.xsl stylesheet is a customization layer, which means it
imports docbook.xsl and adds stuff.

But it is the last step in making changebar output, after you have run a
program that generates a diffs document in XML for changebars.xsl to format.
You need to investigate Norm Walsh's diffmk, which is available here:

http://nwalsh.com/java/diffmk/index.html

The first link on that page is to Norm's essay "Making All the Difference",
which is helpful for understanding the process, but apparently Sun removed
it from their website.  If you google on diffmk plus that title in quotes,
you will get a hit on it.  The direct link doesn't work, but the "cached"
link does.  I guess it hasn't been gone long.

Norm also includes some doc in the diffmk download.  The first version was
Perl, but the current version is Java.  I've never used it myself, but I
would be curious to hear from others who have.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net