Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 7:41 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Re: [docbook] Keeping the size of a screenshot for XML->FO->PDF transformation

Yes, I have this problem too. I also could not find a solution, but at least I could localize the problem:

While the best resolution for screenshots in PDF files is between 96 and 150 dpi (as I saved them), FOP invarily renders the pictures with 72dpi. This results in 1024x768 screenshots having the totally unreasonable size of 36 by 27 cm (14 by 11 inches).

You can do what you want in DocBook attributes - this does not change.

Anyone an idea?

Greetings

Michael Valent
www.boc-eu.com

Diane Larin <diane@inro.ca>

24.09.2004 16:27

docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[docbook] Keeping the size of a screenshot for XML->FO->PDF transformation

Hello,

I tried to find an answer to the following problem on mailing-list archives
and using google but with no success.

I have several screenshots in PNG format. When I generate the PDF file
(using FOP) the small screenshots appear a lot larger than the original
files. Not only it takes too much space, but also the text is fuzzy.
I tried using the different attributes for imagedata (width, depth,
contentdepth, contentwidth ..) but the output is always the same.
I would like the graphic to always be the same size as the original.
What should I do?

Diane Larin
INRO