Re: [docbook-apps] OT: How to translate DocBook documents into differentlanguages

Jordi Vilalta wrote
Hi,

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Joachim Ziegler wrote:
[cut]
- In the English document, I don't want to type in again all the markup which took me so many hours. I want to reuse my precious markup. The structure of the target document will be exactly the same.
[cut]
I'm currently working in a program called po4a (po for anything), which aims to help in the translation of documentation using the gettext standard po files. There's currently an sgml module that can handle pretty well the sgml docbook documents (and some simple xml documents). We're currently working on an Xml module which will soon be able to completely translate docbook xml documents.
You should take a look at xml2po, which is a set of Python scripts used by Gnome Documentation Project (that is, Serbian translation team) - it is a bit gnome-help specific (DocBook 4.1.2 XML). It is currently maintained by Danilo Shegan (URL is http:kvota.net/hacks/xml2po/)

-- == Branislav (Brane) Jovanovic' == == entwood resurected == == my counter.li.org#: 132905 == Canada Post doesn't really charge 32 cents for a stamp. It's 2 cents for postage and 30 cents for storage. -- Gerald Regan, Cabinet Minister, 12/31/83 Financial Post