Re: [docbook-apps] HTML output contains "Ä"

On Monday 16 August 2004 16:35, Bob Stayton wrote:
> I can't tell what your PHP framework is doing to the HTML, but I suspect it
> is the source of both problems.  Do you generate the HTML with XSLT and
> then feed it into the PHP, or does the PHP execute the XSLT process?  Can
> you examine the HTML before it is processed by PHP?

Ok, after a lot of debugging, I've narrowed down the problem:

* My local apache server had the following directive in the conf file:
AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1
which I changed to "UTF-8"
* The project did for some reason I haven't yet figured out output in the
wrong encoding

Anyway, the encoding issue is gone now. It was apparently not in anyway
related to the PHP code, BTW.

Regarding the navigation, I've fixed that too, but I don't know how.. I was
mixing with the various related params, and suddenly the problem was gone: I
had icons and text.

But, it is possible to combine the params in such a way Navigation icons(and
no text) is generated for Up and Home, but no text and icons are generated
for Prev and Next, although the cells are there. Smells bug to me. I'll bring
up the issue again, if I can figure out head and tail of this.

Bob, thanks for your usual rock solid advises.

			Frans