[docbook-apps] Re: [docbook] inserting general entities

I'm cc'ing this to docbook-apps *instead* of docbook, since I'm on both lists
now :-)

I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of XML/docbook development from jedit.
it's a very advanced text editor but also has some IDE features and XML
plugins.

For me, I like auto-completion of closed tags, and the tree navigation view of
docs.

It's a very powerful editor with tons of keyboard customization. I also wrote
a few helper-macros and settings which you can grab for yourself.

And since it's in java, it works on any platform, so you can switch back and
forth between unix and mac and windows without having to learn a new editor.

I wrote some more thoughts about jedit here:

http://cartan.cas.suffolk.edu/~sae/local/html/jedit.html

And I wrote some thoughts about getting started with Docbook here:

http://cartan.cas.suffolk.edu/~sae/local/html/slackerdocintro.html

Hopefully my own experiences will help others get a jump-start...

--
S. Alan Ezust
http://cartan.cas.suffolk.edu/~sae