[docbook-apps] <section> numbering depth & multiple index generation

Hi Everyone,

QUESTION 1:
I was wondering if there is way to limit the section numbering if you are using <section> tags via the custimization layer? I found this post (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200206/msg00133.html) but it requires that one change the label.xsl stylesheet. I was curious to see if anyone has come up a solution on the customization layer, since I am the last person who should messing with these files.

QUESTION 2:
I need to be able to generate separate indexes (Main Index, Index of Subjects, etc.). Is there a way to generate this automatically? I have read Bob's book on the topic but it doesn't seem possible.

Thanks,
René