Re: [docbook-apps] Saxon and Java setup Error

Hi,

RENE HACHE:
> Sorry about the rookie mistake. Now I get this error:
>
> C:\>java -cp c:\saxon\saxon.jar com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -o test.html c:\studies\test\test.xml c:\studies\tools\xsl\html\docbook.xsl
> Error:
> Failure reading file:/c:/studies/test/test.xml: no more input
> Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported
>
> This error I got after making some minor changes in test.xml
>
> C:\>java -cp c:\saxon\saxon.jar com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -o test.html c:\studies\test\test.xml c:\st
> udies\tools\xsl\html\docbook.xsl
> Error on line 2 column 61 of file:/c:/studies/test/test.xml:
> Error reported by XML parser: Invalid URL C:\studies\tools\dtd\docbookx.dtd (unknown protocol: c) Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported
>
> Just in case it is relevant, the path to test.xml is correct.
The Path to the file is correct and it is found.
But in  the file you have some DOCTYPE Declaration like
<!DOCTYPE ....  SYSTEM c:/...>
And it seems, that your parser is looking for an url for the doctype, and the
c: is not a protocoll.
So you need to prepend your dtd file declration file:/// so it looks like
<!DOCTYPE ....  SYSTEM file:///c:/...>

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
--
E-Mail: skripi-lists(at)myrealbox(dot)com

There are three ways to get something done:
(1) Do it yourself.
(2) Hire someone to do it for you.
(3) Forbid your kids to do it.