Re: [docbook-apps] Olinks not processed

Hi Sam,
I tracked down the cause of those messages.  It turns out they are valid
errors.

The olinks in question are contained in varlistentry term elements.  For
example:

<varlistentry id="path-enc"><term>&path-enc;</term>

where the &path-enc; entity is an olink:

<!ENTITY path-enc "<olink targetdoc='impnotes'

The olink collection process examines every element with an id attribute and
extracts the xref text that would be generated if it were xref'ed to.  In
the case of a varlistentry, the generated xref text is the contents of its
<term> element.  So when it goes to apply stylesheet templates on the term
content to generate that text, it must process the olink to get its text.
That's why it is asking for the $target.database.document.

But in your case, there is another problem: the olink points to itself.  It
looks to me like the document being processed targetdoc="impnotes", and the
'path-enc' id is on the varlistentry.  So the content of this term is
pointing to its varlistentry parent.  Is that what is really intended?

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net