Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 4:19 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Custom title templates

Hi
I have been looking into the various features of DocBook for a short while and finally decided to do some work on title pages (PDF).
After carefully reading about how to go about it I did the following:
  1. Took a copy of fo/titlepage.templates.xml
  2. Modified it and transformed it by means of  template\titlepage.xsl
  3. I got a new xsl-file: fspafop_titlepage.xsl that I placed in the same directory as my custom xsl
I updated my cusom xsl to:
 <xsl:import href=""/>
 <!-- fo titlepages -->
 <xsl:include href=""/>  <======
 <!-- include common parameters -->
 <xsl:include href=""/>
 <!-- fo specifics -->
And did a transform.....

The result was sadly:
E:\download\xmlmind>call E:\fop-0.20.5\xalanxmlfspacat e:\download\xmlmind\copygen.xml e:\docbook-xsl-1.65.1\fspafop.xsl e:\download\xmlmind\foo.fo
file:///e:/docbook-xsl-1.65.1/fspafop.xsl; Line #5; Column #50; XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException): javax.xml.transfor
m.TransformerException: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Had IO Exception with stylesheet file: fspafop_titlepage.xsl
So the include did not work.
After a couple of hours of researching different possibilities I finally went in and edited the "base"  fo/docbook.xsl changing the includes to:
<xsl:include href=""/>
<!-- <xsl:include href=""/> -->
<xsl:include href=""/> <=====
<xsl:include href=""
Then it worked!!!!
This is very strange I think since I have been using other includes (not as large as this one) in my customization layer and they worked directly.

What I use is:
DocBook DTD 4.3
DocBook Xsl 1.65.1
Xalan-j 2.6.0
Fop 0.20.5

Does anybody have a clue to the problem causing this?

Regards Lars