From: "Billard, Trish" <trish.billard@hp.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 3:58 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] HTML tables with Fixed Width columns?

Hi there,

  I'm running saxon and the 1.62.4 version of the docbook stylesheets.
  I need to output an HTML table that has fixed column widths.

  I've tried specifying the colwidth in the colspec for each column (20pc,
50pc, 10 pc, etc), but this doesn't seem to end up in the HTML source.
  I've tried to set the extensions:
<xsl:param name="use.extensions">1</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="tablecolumns.extensions">1</xsl:param>
But when I attempt the transformation, it fails with the message:
Error at xsl:copy-of on line 398 of
.../SAXON/docbook-xsl-1.62.4/html/table.xsl:
  There is no Java method that is a unique best match
Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

How can I the HTML transformation to obey fixed column widths?

Thanks,
--Trish

Trish Billard
trish.billard@hp.com
(408) 285-5462

To unsubscribe from this list, send a post to
docbook-apps-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org, or visit
http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/.