[docbook-apps] Re: [docbook] is DocBook adapted to this document generation schem ?

On Feb 20, 2004, at 10:54 AM, Carl wrote:

Is it a good option for me to use one of these or should I defined my own DTD for each type of documents ?

I don't claim to be an expert, but having dealt with similar things, I agree with Jeff:

Define your own xml representations (I'm a big RELAX NG fan myself) for each type, or draw on already-existing ones. I don't think DocBook et al will work well here. I suspect you might want to write your own xslt stylesheets, depending on how complex your documents are, and how many different types you have.

Should this DTD reflet the form or the content ?

The content. You'll have more flexibility (say you want to output to HTML, for example).

Bruce