[docbook-apps] Re: Embedding docbook documents in Website?

> But if you build your article in a separate process, the left list
> can include a reference to its HTML output.  See:
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/AddingContent.html

Thanx for the info.  I didn't know that it would be possible to refer
to external HTML documents directly from layout.xml.

> But the reference will not be a collapsed list of the section titles
> in the article.  The left list is built from tocentry elements.

I may not always desire this level of integration, anyway.  Sometimes,
perhaps, but not always.

But I _would_ like to have a website-like look on the left ToCs of
chunked HTML.

And I would like a back pointer to the website that launched the HTML
document.

I've tried to put the existing ToCs in chunked HTML on the left side
of the web pages, using CSS (to get a website-like look).  But I
weren't happy with the results:
	http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200309/msg00345.html

 <quote>
  The drawback is that the ToC look silly on the bottom levels, when
  it is empty.  The full nested ToC also got too large on the top
  levels, so I decided to go for just one level of ToC.
 </quote>