Re: [docbook-apps] How to specify out resolution for FO

On Sunday 01 February 2004 10:55, Paul A. Hoadley wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 10:29:18AM +0200, Sean Wheller wrote:
> > As Bob and David have pointed out, resolution is outside the XSL-FO
> > spec. So how do we get resolution into our PS files? I think we're
> > back to square one.
>
> Are you referring specifically to images?  PostScript is also a vector
> format.  What exactly do you mean by getting resolution into PS files?

Yes the resolution problem is mostly for images. Not screen captures, but
vector images that are drawn using tools such as dia, visio, freehand etc.

David suggests using different images in the source. I am already doing this.
When I transform for FO only I am using images that have a higher quality
than those I use for HTML. They are naturally larger in size and there is a
distinct difference in the image quality when viewed using GIMP. This is to
be expected.

Yet, the result in PDF is not as good as when I create a postscript of the
document with FRAME or WORD and a ppd provided by the printer. I can also see
the difference on screen.

--
Sean Wheller