[docbook-apps] Program Listings within Paragraphs (XHTML Output)

Hi,

Have got a few places where I need to put system error messages within
paragraphs, with standard formatting for program listing stuff *except* it
needs to be inline rather than as a separate block.

Have got it working for PDF use, but in testing things just noticed that for
xhtml the output breaks the original paragraph up so that each individual
part is a separate block.

An example of the input is:
====================
<para>If the Error Message <programlisting role="inline">No
Good</programlisting> appears, something's wrong.</para>

The output after XSL processing is:
<pre class="inline">No Good</pre>

Note that the paragraph is actually being closed in the middle, and a new one
started after the error message.

I need to be able to nest "inline" programlistings inside the paragraph. Any
suggestions for either what to change the programlisting elements to or which
template to modify to enable a fixed width type font for the error messages?

Cheers, Janeene.