Re: [docbook-apps] sorting a bibliography

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 10:48:48AM -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> <xsl:sort select="translate(normalize-space(title),
> 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.-_,()/:;', 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ')"
> data-type="text" order="ascending"/>

Added. I also did a search and replace to remove all \t and \n from inside
the <title></title>s. Now everything is sorted alphabetically and I
(personally) think it's a beautiful thing. :)

> The specific problem with the "Linux Documentation Project (LDP) FAQ"
> title is that it is in its own bibliodiv, followed by another bibliodiv
> without a title.

I noticed this /after/ I'd sent the email, contemplated sending a
correction and then decided not to because there were still problems in
the General Writing Links and Style Guides bibliodiv.

thanks very much for your help!!

emma :)
PS I'm currently in the formal review phase for the document. If anyone is
interested in reviewing it, adding new references to the bibliography,
etc, please let me know.

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]