[docbook-apps] Fop, Landscape Chapters, & psmi

Hi,

Have got a few *large* tables that need to be processed in landscape format,
but in using FOP the reference-orientation attribute is not supported. It can
produce separate page sequences in order to create landscape pages if you
swap the page height and page width attributes, which I've done and which
works nicely.

After searching, I found the psmi information for producing separate page
sequences, but it is limited to being able to produce things in sections
under chapters - not whole chapters (or appendices) themselves. While I can
put the tables in a section, I then end up with a page that has the chapter
title (still in portrait layout), followed by a new page in landscape with
the content. And I don't really want to have to introduce a section into a
chapter when the sole purpose of that chapter (or appendix) is to contain
that table.

Secondly, I'm not able to call the change in the layout through orient="land"
on the tables themselves, as the table rendering dies in fop and displays
just a single blank page (in landscape, at least) if the table is more than
one page long. This forces me to shove it in a section (where the swapped
page height and width attributes cause no problems with the table layout
rendering), with the same result as above.

So - can anyone suggest how to modify the psmi transformations to allow a
<chapter> or <appendix> to be rotated *in total*?

Cheers,
Janeene.