[docbook-apps] Re: Pretty printing source code

> / Bob Stayton <bobs@sco.com> was heard to say:
>> On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 08:06:03AM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:

>> Um, Norm, it is a little terse to send an attachment with no
>> explanation beyond the subject line.  can you provide a little
>> background about this attachment?

> Bizarre. Matthew Braun found my accompanying text (thanks Matthew).

It has happened for me as well, when I sent an XFig source for a
smaller "Draft" watermark that would fit on A4 pages, when using FOP
to create PDFs.

What happens is that the MIME markup for the initial text/plain part
is lost, so that the contents of this part is "outside" of the MIME
markup, and therefore is not displayed by MIME compliant MUAs.

Gnus users can see this text by positioning the cursor over the
article in question in the summary buffer, and then pressing C-g to
see the raw message.