[docbook-apps] embeding text fragments

Hi,

we all still remember the workaround with the imagedata element, fileref and format="linespecific" to include text into the document. This still works with saxon, but never did with xsltproc.

Now we have textdata, but this doesn't work either with xsltproc. I'm just wondering; xsltproc is full of extensions, but this construct is not working. Have I to switch to XInclude? What about saxon and XInclude (I need saxon too, because of column adjustments and callouts)? And than, DSSSL will not work anymore...

To formulate it in one sentence: is there a way to include external text, that is working with saxon, xsltproc and DSSSL at the same time? What is the right way to go in future?

Regards,
Georges