Re: [docbook-apps] Section Numbering in Preface Arabic instead of Roman

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 05:11:08AM -0700, Sean Wheller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Docbook XML 4.2
> > Docbook XSL 1.60.1
> > Xerces J 2.5.0
> > Xalan J 2.5.1
> > Apache FOP
> > SuSE 8.2
> >
> > When I transform to PDF the TOC shows page numbers,
> > for each section, in Arabic as apposed to Roman, while
> > the page numbers within the sections are Roman.
> >
> > Is this standard or can I force Roman in this part of
> > the TOC.
>
> I'm not sure I'm understanding the question here.
> Are you asking how to number the pages in a Preface
> with arabic instead of roman numerals?

If I remember correctly, FOP has or had a  bug, due to that page-number-citation didn't
use format specified for the corresponding page-number. Thus even for pages numbered
in Roman numerals, Arabic numerals will be shown in the TOC.

David Tolpin