Re: [docbook-apps] docbook-xsl "gentext" template not working with MSXML

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 09:55:26AM +0100, Robert Shields wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've temporarily worked around the entity problem by copying the
> contents of en.xml into l10n.xml - obviously this is not a long term
> solution.
>
> I seem to be getting some good functionality even without the exslt
> extensions. Are they absolutely essential? If yes, I will switch to
> either Saxon or xsltproc as they are the recommended parsers for docbook
> xsl, as I understand.

For the most part, the exslt node-set extension is used
for cleaning up certain formatting glitches, and the
stylesheets will still produce usable if not optimal
output without it.

The exslt document() function is used
for chunking in processors other than Xalan and Saxon,
so you won't be able to chunk your HTML output.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com