Re: [docbook-apps] Newbie: How to divide a book to chapters?

Kemal Ozan wrote:

I am sure this is a very simple one, but couldn't figure out
so far...

<snip>

Now the problem: Naturally I want to load only chapter1.xml
to the editor, not the whole book. In order to benefit
Morphon's goodies though, I still have to say it that I am
using docbook.dtd and docbook.css. So I put these lines to
the top of chapter1.xml:

<?xml-stylesheet href="DOCBOOK.CSS" type="text/css"?>
<!DOCTYPE book SYSTEM "Docbookx.dtd"

And that gives two kinds of errors: 1- chapter1.xml is not
valid because the root element of docbook must be "<book>"
2- book.xml is not valid because chapter1.xml is inserted
into book.xml with the lines above. And you can't have a dtd
declaration in the middle of an xml file...

1) Change <!DOCTYPE book SYSTEM "Docbookx.dtd" > to <!DOCTYPE chapter SYSTEM "Docbookx.dtd" >

2) After edit the file, delete those lines ;)

And, by the way, you would have the same problems
with Emacs ;)

Regards,
Juan R. Migoya
SPAIN