[docbook-apps] is docbook the right tool for the job?

Hi,

My previous post has got me thinking that prehaps docbook isn't quite the best tool for the job I want to acheive.

I want to have a printed catalogue for my business, of all the products we sell. I have a database that has all the information in it and I was hoping to generate the catalogue from my database into a docbook format using perl, and then generate a PDF from it.

But I'm starting to think that maybe docbook isn't quite right for the job and prehaps I should look at LaTeX instead? or as some other people have suggested, should I still use docbook but then generate the pdf using db2latex?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jason
--