Re: [docbook-apps] htmlhelp.encoding="windows-932" and Saxon

David Cramer (Tech Pubs) wrote:
I'm using Saxon 6.5.2 and Java 1.4 (International). I've experimented
with several encodings, but have only gotten windows-932 (= shift-jis)
and ISO-2022 to produce output. With other encodings it complains about
characters not being available in that encoding. I think the encoding is
being loaded because with one version of Java I had installed (1.4.2) I
got an error "Failed to load windows-932".

I just discovered that to get full text search to work with Japanese
words, I to do the same conversion (unicode to ansi) on the html files.
Worst case, iconv -f UTF-8 -t SHIFT-JIS on each file fixes it.

Encoding of HTML files can be controlled by chunker.output.encoding parameter. But it seems that problem here is how to convince Saxon to use windows-932.

-- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Jirka Kosek e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz http://www.kosek.cz