[docbook-apps] Website: info on usage of elements?

Just got website up and running, now trying to use it: I've been spoiled
by the Docbook Guide, and am looking for guidance on using the
elements/attributes that are not in docbook. Any resources out there?

If not, here's a specific: I want to create distinct xsl customizations
based on several types of web pages that I designate. Where's the best
place to designate that metadata - some attribute on website, or a
config element (and what's config for anyway?)

thanks!