RE: [docbook-apps] RE: Character entities

You need to change your system ID to a fully-conformant URL:
file:///C:/xml/docbook-dtd/docbookx.dtd.  The URL specification doesn't
allow the unescaped \ character Windows uses as a directory separator.  Many
programs are forgiving on this for Windows-based file URLs, but xsltproc is
(justifiably) very picky about this.

Jeff