Re: DOCBOOK: Altova AUTHENTIC - is now Free

rodrigo reyes wrote:

> > De : Alexander Voropay [mailto:a dot voropay at vmb-service dot ru]
> > Altova AUTHENTIC - Free License XML editor with DocBook support
> > http://www.altova.com/products_doc.html
>
> Are you sure it's free ? What I could download on their site is not free at
> all, it's just a 30-day free evaluation, that I can't even launch because I
> already tried it a few months ago.

It's realy free in sence of price. Just proceed as if you want to buy
it, and you will finish on a page where you can buy Authentic license
key for 0.0 USD.

It has some predefined templates for WYSIWYG DocBook editing. But it is
not as ergonomical and effective as XMetal or Epic. Authentic is more
suited for form based XML input, not free-text input. But it is worth to
try when it is free and you are looking for WYSIWYG DocBook editor.

				Jirka

I'm redirecting this conversation to docbook-apps which is more
appropriate for tools discussion. Remember that docbook list is targeted
only for questions related to DocBook markup, DocBook DTD, not for
questions dealing with processing tools.

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka at kosek dot cz
  http://www.kosek.cz