section titles as links, turning off in non-html output

I may have painted myself into a corner while trying to create some (hopefully) intuitive navigation functionality in a sdocbook article I'm working on. I've added a ULINK element to the TITLE for SECTION. Of course it works as expected and like a charm when I'm generating my html output.

But, in multipurposing mode, I've just pumped out an RTF version of some of my document using the DSSSL stylesheets. I find that the link targets are enclosed in brackets after the TITLE text. This is confusing for the reader.

Questions:
* Being almost totally ignorant of the DSSSL side of the stylesheets, is there a handy parameter that might allow me to defeat this functionalisty.
* Will I run into similar issues with link-enabled titles with, say, the FO output on the XSLT side? If so, is there an easy solution?

Thanks for your help. ...edN