Re: Docbook xsl stylesheets and accessibilityrequirements?

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 09:20:20PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> Steve.Nunez@bluewave.com writes:
>
> > A general question for folks. If one is stylesheet agnostic, would DSSSL or
> > XSL be a better choice for a start toward producing XHTML Strict? I was a
> > LISP hacker in a previous life, and so find DSSSL appealing.
>
> Since the docbook-xsl from the DBOR (Docbook Open Repository) already
> has XHTML output and the docbook-dsssl does not, I would imagine it's
> easier to work from what is already there.

  Bit of warning: XSLT1.0 has no provision for the "special" serialization
rules of XHTML1 . In xsltproc I do check if the resulting DOCTYPE is XHTML1
and will apply those but I don't think you can rely on this as being portable.
  Concerning validity and xmlns, XHTML1 (erroneously IMHO) only allow it
on the root html element. There is no rule in XSLT saying that an XSLT
processor must minimize the namespaces declarations generated or try
to coalesce them. Both specs leave a gap and there is no guarantee possible
that you will get the prefect match you expect.

Daniel