Re: Placement of 'id' attribute in FO output forglossentry elements

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 10:03:16AM -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 11:03:04PM +1030, Paul A. Hoadley wrote:
> > I have noticed that this causes Acrobat Reader (under Unix and
> > Windows) to occasionally jump to a location slightly above or
> > below (by a few lines) the actual glossary entry label.  While it
> > is quite conceivable that this bug is being introduced by XEP or
> > ps2pdf, I noticed that hand-moving the 'id' attribute to the
> > fo:block element directly surrounding the text of the label
> > alleviates the problem.
>
> Does it jump consistently to the same bad location, or do
> repeated jumps to the same location produce different
> results? Are some glossentries better than others?

A particular link will jump repeatedly to the same location, and some
glossentries are better than others.  It all seems a bit random.

> > Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?  Is there a good reason
> > for putting the 'id' attribute in the fo:list-item element rather
> > than the fo:block?  I suspect it shouldn't make a difference --
> > can anyone suggest why it does?
>
> IMHO, it should not make a difference, but obviously it does.
> I have no idea why.
>
> Both glossentry and glossterm accept id attributes, so that is why
> the glossentry id is on the fo:list-item.  I'm not sure it is a good
> idea to transfer the id from glossentry to the fo:block for
> glossterm.

Fair enough.  I will try going direct to PDF with XEP (rather than via
PS) and see if there is any difference.

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net