RE: HTML Help: Missing index

> To add a little more information, when you turn on the
> htmlhelp.use.hhk
> parameter, the stylesheets create a separate file to contain
> the index (the
> HHK file).  When you turn the parameter off, the indexterms
> are inserted in
> the body of the HTML pages as references to ActiveX objects.
> When the HTML
> Help compiler reads these files, it builds the index
> on-the-fly.  As Jirka
> pointed out, each method has its limitations.
>
> Jeff

Thank you very much! That makes it much more clear to me. It would be really
nice to find such informations somewhere within the documentation. I know
this is work to do, and I'd really like to help.

It would be interesting having a list of the limitations of both methods
aswell.

LBNL: It seems to me as if the HHK file is generated in every case. When
htmlhelp.use.hhk is turned off, it looks like a kind of torso.

Regards
Gisbert Amm