DiffMk trouble for DocBook documents

Hi all,

I know this isn't the DiffMk list ;), but my hope is that some of the people that use Norm & Co. Stylesheets for DocBook also use Norm's DiffMk (JAVA) Tool for DocBook.

I have a problem with it which I couldn't resolve until now:

I want to do a "text" diff on some DocBook files. This works fine but there is one thing I don't like: My "root" element is doubled when there was a change in one of it's attributes, i.e. I get something like

<book revisionflag="added" fpi="my_fpi"><book revisionflag="deleted">
[...]
</book></book>

Now, this is nice and fine if I go and manually change this to one "modified" <book/> element or just discard the change. But I want to automate the creation of "diff'ed" versions of my DocBook files and would like to have *valid* DocBook as output of DiffMk w/o the need of manual post-processing.

How can I tell DiffMk to either ignore this change on the root element *or* to mark it as "modified"?
I tried to better understand the configuration files, but I don't have a clue where to start.

My DiffMk.properties file looks like the following:

#DiffMk.properties
config=diffmk.xml
validating=no
namespaceaware=yes
verbose=5
diff=text
words=yes
ignorewhitespace=yes
#end

diffmk.xml is the one delivered w/ the tool.

Does anyone have had the same experience? Any suggestions, help? I'd very much appreciate any hint on that! Thanks a lot,
Johann Richard

Johann Richard
IC & DSP Design Engineer
Dspfactory SA