Re: howto make nicer tables?

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 11:03:18AM +0900, Doug du Boulay wrote:
> if you are only transforming to print maybe a specific dimension
> like colwidth="30mm" might be fine.

Well, that is, if you're transforming to only one paper size.
Absolute dimensions will break the layout on at least one known paper
size :)

> You should be able to redefine those in your customization layer.
>
> > I do specify the align="justify" label in the tgroup tag, but it makes no
> > difference.
> > How can I improve the appearence on these two points?
> > 	Thanx,
>
> What suprises me is that there is no docbook attribute for
> explicitly setting the desired width of the table. There is
> only the pgwide attribute. I would have liked to be able to say
> tablewidth="50%" of the page, just like in html.
> pgwide basically switches from 100% to an invariably bad
> automatic calculation.

You may want to submit a RFE for this.

> I get the feeling that the dsssl route is a technological
> dead end

I can't tell the future, but I'm not so certain about that :)

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique