Experimental release 1.59.0 of DocBook XSL Stylesheets

For users that like to live life on the bleeding edge:

  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/docbook-xsl-1.59.0.zip

or

  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.59.0/{xhtml,html,fo}/docbook.xsl

This release is likely to have some bugs; I did a whole lot of hacking
in the last 48 hours. Expect a more stable 1.59.1 release sometime in
the next week or so.

Changes since version 1.58.1 (2002-11-29)

Changes to xsl/*

  | 2003-01-01  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* VERSION: Version 1.59.0 released.

Changes to xsl/common/*

  | 2003-01-01  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* table.xsl: CALS says the default for colsep and rowsep is 1.
  |
  | 	* table.xsl: Fix variable scoping problem
  |
  | 	* titles.xsl: Support titleabbrev (outside of info elements
  | 	  anyway)
  |
  | 2002-12-18  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* common.xsl: The select.mediaobject.index template now uses
  | 	  the $stylesheet.result.type parameter to choose the role
  | 	  value, with xhtml falling back to html if needed.
  |
  | 2002-12-17  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* common.xsl: Changed selection of mediaobject to be more
  | 	  consistent using a separate select.mediaobject.index
  | 	  template. Also added text-align to block containing
  | 	  external-graphic in fo output.

Changes to xsl/fo/*

> [...]
  |
  | 	* param.ent, param.xweb: New parameters
  |
  | 	* xref.xsl: Use titleabbrev instead of title in xrefs
  |
  | 2002-12-31  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* inline.xsl: Make lineannotations italic
  |
  | 	* pagesetup.xsl: Added blank.page.content template to allow
  | 	  'This Page Intentionally Left Blank' blank pages.
  |
  | 2002-12-30  <dcramer@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* lists.xsl: Fixed spacing problem where step numbers don't
  | 	  line up with the corresponding text.
  |
  | 2002-12-28  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* xref.xsl: Now that xrefstyle is official; make it take
  | 	  priority even when use.role.as.xrefstyle is non-zero.
  |
  | 	* xref.xsl: Make endterm on xref higher priority than
  | 	  xreflabel on the target
  |
  | 2002-12-24  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* division.xsl: Fixes bug #655587 to restart page numbering
  | 	  after a preface.
  |
  | 2002-12-18  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* autoidx.xsl: Changed sort to fold uppercase and lowercase
  | 	  together to fix odd indexdiv sort order.
  |
  | 	* graphics.xsl: Add graphic/@align value to fo:block
  | 	  text-align property since text-align on external-graphic
  | 	  doesn't seem to work.
  |
  | 2002-12-17  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* formal.xsl, graphics.xsl: Changed selection of mediaobject
  | 	  to be more consistent using a separate
  | 	  select.mediaobject.index template. Also added text-align to
  | 	  block containing external-graphic in fo output.
  |
  | 2002-12-17  Jirka Kosek <kosek@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* param.xweb: Build fixes.
  |
  | 2002-12-17  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* titlepage.templates.xml: Made list.of.tables specifications
  | 	  the same as other list.of.*.
  |
  | 2002-12-13  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* glossary.xsl: Handles missing otherterm target in glosssee
  | 	  and glosseealso.
  |
  | 	* inline.xsl: Added the author et al special cases similar to
  | 	  the HTML inline.xsl templates.
  |
  | 2002-12-12  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* autoidx.xsl: An index now contains only indexterms within
  | 	  its scope (within its parent element).
  |
  | 	* autotoc.xsl, index.xsl: Make sure $generate.index controls
  | 	  whether the index is processed.
  |
  | 	* formal.xsl: Change formal.object template to pass $placement
  | 	  parameter to formal.object.heading template.
  |
  | 	* lists.xsl: Fixed bug in segmentedlist title when
  | 	  segmentedlist.as.table set.
  |
  | 2002-12-06  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* block.xsl: Fixed epigraph template so it processes all of
  | 	  its allowed children, not just para.
  |
  | 	* graphics.xsl, param.ent, param.xweb: Enabled support for
  | 	  selecting imageobject using the role attribute.
  |
  | 2002-12-04  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* autotoc.xsl, component.xsl, sections.xsl: Added empty
  | 	  component.toc.separator and section.toc.separator templates
  | 	  to provide customization opportunity between toc and first

Changes to xsl/html/*

  | 2003-01-01  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* autoidx.xsl, index.xsl: Make index elements always index the
  | 	  book that contains them (if there is one, otherwise the
  | 	  whole document); setindex always indexes the whole document
  |
  | 	* autotoc.xsl: Support List of Procedures
  |
  | 	* formal.xsl, xref.xsl: Use titleabbrev instead of title in
  | 	  xrefs
  |
  | 	* graphics.xsl: Support ignore.image.scaling parameter; fix
  | 	  bug where 'center' is output for align on img
  |
  | 	* param.ent, param.xweb: New parameters
  |
  | 	* sections.xsl: Don't output section IDs twice when formatting
  | 	  subtitles
  |
  | 2002-12-31  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* callout.xsl: Whitespace
  |
  | 	* graphics.xsl: Support alt text on mediaobjectco
  |
  | 	* inline.xsl: Make lineannotations italic
  |
  | 2002-12-28  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* xref.xsl: Now that xrefstyle is official; make it take
  | 	  priority even when use.role.as.xrefstyle is non-zero.
  |
  | 	* xref.xsl: Make endterm on xref higher priority than
  | 	  xreflabel on the target
  |
  | 2002-12-18  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* autoidx.xsl: Sorts were being done on primary entries, but
  | 	  without folding upper and lower case together. Now it does
  | 	  the folding.
  |
  | 	* graphics.xsl: Now uses select.mediaobject.index for
  | 	  selecting mediaobject. Also puts align attribute value on
  |
  | 2002-12-17  Jirka Kosek <kosek@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile.param: Fixed build problems with new parameters.
  |
  | 2002-12-17  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* math.xsl: Changed selection of mediaobject to be more
  | 	  consistent using a separate select.mediaobject.index
  | 	  template. Also added text-align to block containing
  | 	  external-graphic in fo output.
  |
  | 2002-12-17  Jirka Kosek <kosek@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* param.xweb: Fixed build problems with new parameters.
  |
  | 2002-12-13  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* glossary.xsl: Handles missing otherterm targets in glosssee
  | 	  and glossseealso.
  |
  | 2002-12-06  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* block.xsl: Fixed epigraph template to process all the
  | 	  permitted children, not just para.
  |
  | 	* graphics.xsl, param.ent, param.xweb: Enabled selection of
  | 	  imageobject based on role attribute.
  |
  | 2002-12-04  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* autotoc.xsl, component.xsl, sections.xsl: Added
  | 	  component.toc.separator and section.toc.separator as emtpy
  | 	  templates for customization of transition from TOC to first
  | 	  content.

Changes to xsl/params/*

  | 2003-01-01  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* equation.properties.xml, example.properties.xml,
  | 	  figure.properties.xml, procedure.properties.xml,
  | 	  table.properties.xml: New file.
  |
  | 	* formal.object.properties.xml: Whitespace and documentation
  | 	  changes
  |
  | 	* ignore.image.scaling.xml: New file.
  |
  | 2002-12-29  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* use.role.as.xrefstyle.xml: Updated documentation; added an
  | 	  example showing how to use xrefstyle in the stylesheets
  |
  | 2002-12-28  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* admonition.properties.xml, admonition.title.properties.xml:
  | 	  Whitespace and documentation tweaks
  |
  | 2002-12-17  Jirka Kosek <kosek@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* preferred.mediaobject.role.xml: Fixed build problems with
  | 	  new parameters.
  |
  | 	* profile.role.xml: Ooops. No DTD, no entites :-(
  |
  | 	* profile.role.xml: Added warning against usage of role
  | 	  attribute for profiling.
  |
  | 2002-12-06  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* preferred.mediaobject.role.xml,
  | 	  use.role.for.mediaobject.xml: New file.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

- --
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | 'Heartless Cynics,' the young men
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | shout, / Blind to the world of
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | Fact without; / 'Silly Dreamers,'