Re: wrong sorting in index in output of 1.58.1

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 09:28:37PM +0100, ABX wrote:
> I had correctly sorted index in either long xhtml and FO/PDF
> output generated with xsltproc -> DocBook XSL 1.58.1 -> ...
>
> Symbols, A, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, R, S, T, V, Y
>
> when I added following three indexterms in the middle of document:

> then my index reordered itself during rendering to:
>
> Symbols, S, A, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, R, T, V, Y
>
> As you see S jumped to begining but after Symbols.
>
> Any idea what could be wrong ? Could it be becouse I used
> the same content for <escondary> in those options ?
> Could it be becouse of plus sign in third <primary> ?

This is a bug in the XSL stylesheets.  It was sorting
without folding the lowercase and uppercase entries
together.  Your "STP" entry is probably your only uppercase
primary entry, so it got sorted before all other entries.
I just checked in the fixes to CVS (in the autoidx.xsl files).

                                            email: bobs@sco.com